WTF Wednesday

12 Nov

Crocs:  You’ll never want to take them off, so long as you don’t look down or have friends who point them out, snicker and question your judgment to your face.

images

Seriously.  They are ugly.  They’re not even tolerably ugly like cheap flip-flops or Vibrams (Arguable point for Fang). They’re just goddamn ugly.  Don’t pretend you like the humpbacked, chunky-and hole-filled clogs from hell.   You don’t and your feet don’t either.

For some reason that we can’t fathom, Crocs have spread like the clap around the globe and are no longer just for unfortunately dressed German tourists.

Because Crocs are the gift that won’t stop giving, one company has apparently decided to jump into the fray by creating a dog bed that is shaped like a Croc.   For serious.

Screen Shot 2015-11-11 at 3.39.53 PM

Do you hate your dog?  You sure?  That says “I hate myself and my little dog too”.  We already know about the stupid decorative pins (Nothing can fix the ugly that are those) and the fancy dress crocs which almost look like real shoes (You can’t fool us, foam-manufacturing heathens) but this… this has gone too far. Leave the dogs alone.

8 Responses to “WTF Wednesday”

1. Adrianne November 12, 2015 at 12:46 am #

Actually, I LIKE my crocs…they’re GREAT when it’s wet outside, for working in the yard or in my birdroom.

Won’t get moldy/mildewed/rotten if they get wet ( unlike sneakers) and easy to clean…

They have their uses

• Mel Carlin November 12, 2015 at 2:11 am #

Oh, but after a few days the outer solid surface wears off the bottom and they become the incredible foot sponge… walk out to hose down the dog run then back inside & leave squelchy watered down dog urine foot prints all over your floor…

2. Diane November 12, 2015 at 4:07 am #

The bed’s a little weird, but not nearly as weird as dogs wearing cute little outfits or riding in their own little baby carriages. But the way I see it, why buy beds when there are perfectly good sofas and loveseats in the house. Which they’re going to sleep on no matter how many beds I have. But the shoes! I love my crocs. The ones with the fake fur lining are nice and warm in my cold house and they’re comfortable as hell. I guess they might look a little funny to some people but I’m about 40 years past when I gave a FF what other people thought about what I’m wearing. If, indeed, I ever did.

3. Freddie's Mom November 12, 2015 at 5:07 am #

You’re right, they’re ugly as hell, but I do love them for gardening, and if I’m spending hours grooming, they’re like having rubber matting for cushioning under my feet. I guess like a previous poster, I don’t give a damn what people think about them,

4. AD November 12, 2015 at 3:48 pm #

I was very anti croc too.. Until I was planing a backpacking trip for the first time and trying to have my pack as light as possible to not kill my 120 pound self. Found out crocs are a backpacking essential. Light, great for stream crossing because they dry quickly, uber comfortable to wear around camp after a day of hiking in hiking boots, very easy to slip on in the middle of the night to water the tree. While at the shoe store, the sales associate helping me buy them asked me what color I would like. I said “lady no color will make these less ugly, it does not matter”

5. Steve Litt November 12, 2015 at 11:07 pm #

I agree they are ugly and I won’t wear them outside the house, but when I come home with sore feet, my Croc’s are my go to comfort shoe. Ugly but really functional. Not so much the doggie bed.

6. Tern November 14, 2015 at 2:34 pm #

Sorry, I love my crocs. They’re lightweight, comfortable, non-slip, and they dry easily. And they take about 2 seconds to put on. It gets me out the door faster for dog activities. Maybe they look a little weird, but I’ll take practical and comfortable over gorgeous any day. I probably wouldn’t spend money on the croc bed, since my dogs are usually either on the couch on in their crate, but I think they would probably like the bed.

7. dee February 1, 2016 at 9:57 pm #

i was so hoping i could share the picture of my 9# dog and the croc he shredded. i didn’t get another pair after that…