WTF Wednesday

9 Jul

This dog gets it

Whatever happened to washing your dog the old-fashioned way?  Do we really need more contraptions?   Here are a few observations about the Woof Washer 360:

1. There is no water pressure.  Are we really to believe it would get your dog clean?
  2. What if the dog doesn’t feel like playing circus and jumping through hoops? Then what?
  3. Does anyone else envision a dog revolting by taking off running with the woof washer still attached and causing mayhem?
  4. The idea of simple water and soap washing all the filth our dogs venture in without any scrubbing is laughable. Do you just let it hang on your dog while you scrub? Or do you have to wrestle them back through the hoop?
  5. Potnoodle’s cattle dog (and many other dogs,  we’re sure) would find nothing more fun than completely destroying this in an attempt to murder the water demons.

In summation,  we can’t think of a less practical way to wash your dog.  If you’re incapable of handling your dog to bathe it,  it’s unlikely you can run it through this contraption.  We suggest a groomer.

15 Responses to “WTF Wednesday”

1. Theresa B. July 9, 2015 at 2:25 am #

Ha, ha, ha . . . . . . I saw that thing and thought wtf? Thank you Dog Snobs for confirming the obvious pitfalls . … I hope they sent you the product to test gratis and no good biscuit money was wasted in making of this review!

2. Lisa July 9, 2015 at 2:54 am #

Can’t help it- still want one!!! 😀

3. Janet edford July 9, 2015 at 2:58 am #

I’m a dog groomer, with this ingenious device I am now obsolete… 😉

4. applebear76 July 9, 2015 at 3:22 am #

I saw this not long back, and my thought was just a simple, “Really?.” I mean, *if* you are going to wash your dog with a hose, why not just use the hose [your hands can’t handle aiming under dog to clean]? Saying that, I thought it would be cruel to even use a hose on your dogs, or very least mean, like the grinch.

But I looked it up, people are like, “Oh it’s fine long as it’s warm enough out.” Wrong. Mine absolutely hated it and their was a huge difference in behavior compared to luke warm shower [spray was same, temp was only difference], and I felt horrible…they were like, “You’re a mean one Mr….!” And they were right, I mean I wouldn’t want to take a bath in ice cold water. I’ll stick to my shower from now on, I’ll just have to miss out on this awesome circus ring of water.

PS I do realize there are dogs that don’t mind a good shower with the hose…I’ve seen it, they dance in joy. But I don’t know, just not something I see a lot of.

• Jenk July 9, 2015 at 8:22 pm #

Mine LOVES the hose. Probably more than he loves anyyhing else in the world. He’d play in the hose in 10 degree weather if I let him!

• applebear76 July 14, 2015 at 4:05 pm #

As I said, I’ve seen some that do, and in those cases where the dog is willingly going into it’s spray and biting the water, etc….that’s obviously something they love. Mine aren’t one of them [though I wish they were, bath time would go so much faster and less messy], and my statement mostly meant they shouldn’t be forced if they don’t [like it]. Regardless, the above junk is just plain funny…why not just use a regular hose [with at most a nozzle attachment]? lol

5. zoephee July 9, 2015 at 4:08 am #

LOL!! I totally agree and thought the same thing when I saw that stupid thing!

6. Lynn Jackson July 9, 2015 at 4:09 am #

When we had some house remodeling done, we had hot water run through the wall to the backyard. It hardly cost anything and the dogs and I are much happier. Yeah this gadget is just something to spend money on and then toss in the garage.

7. Pooch Smooches July 9, 2015 at 4:13 am #

I thought many of the same things when I first saw that. And what do you do when you get to the front legs… You have to shove them through so you can keep going on the torso?? So silly. I’ll stick to the old fashioned way!

8. Sophia Stevenson July 9, 2015 at 4:20 am #

Well, this prompted several laughs AND a snicker. Who comes up with these things? Better yet, who buys these things to support the people who come up with these things? I second the groomer suggestion!

9. Erica July 9, 2015 at 11:51 am #

like many “laughable” concepts – snuggies, a holder for gallon jugs that you tip to pour instead of picking it up, or a contraption that you slide your sock on and then stick your foot in to put a sock on more easily – this is probably most helpful to people with disabilities (Snuggies are great for people who use wheelchairs; the gallon holder thing helps people who have difficulties with fine motor control or arm/wrist strength; the sock thing is good for people who either physically can’t reach their feet or who might pass out/fall down if they bend over). If you have trouble bending over and twisting your arm this way and that, this wand could be incredibly helpful for cleaning off your dog.

10. BethK July 9, 2015 at 3:42 pm #

My Belgians would eat that, and my Samoyed would decide that he’d rather not step through the water hoop…. for what it’s worth, one of those lawn and garden sprayers with the attached container intended for fertilizer work great for bathing double-coated dogs. Dilute some shampoo in the container, attach to the hose, and voila! Enough pressure to wash the dog thoroughly, shampoo is diluted enough to rinse out easily yet still get the dog clean, and unscrew it to finish rinsing. You get a clean large double-coated dog in under 10 minutes ready to be dried.

11. Trisha July 11, 2015 at 6:29 pm #

My first thought upon seeing this contraption was the following: This can only go terribly, terribly wrong.

12. Becky July 11, 2015 at 11:28 pm #

So how many dogs do you know that would stand (still enough) for this? I’ve had dogs for 50+ years and my answer is 0!

• Diane July 12, 2015 at 12:52 am #

Mine would stand still, but why bother? I fill the horse trough in the morning so the sun warms the water, toss them in (one at a time, of course), shampoo and rinse with the hose. For dogs that have to stand still for as long as it takes to hand strip a LOT of fur, bathing is a piece of cake. Of course these are dogs that pass up nice comfy dog beds and lie on the nice chilly ceramic tile kitchen floor.