WTF Wednesday

5 Jun

If this isn’t a slow dog-powered drill to hell, we don’t know what is.

Dog millMotorized Dog Walker

It may surprise you to learn that there is more than one company who makes these but only one came with a youtube instructional video.

Our favorite part is the Beagle desperately trying to pee while being hauled around by the harness. Her struggles were futile but what about a dog with some more, shall we say, heft?

That would be one way to trench the yard.

If you are as much like us as we suspect, your first reaction to this contraption beyond ‘What fresh hell is this?’ was obviously, ‘I need it.’  What’s not to love? It’s stupid-looking enough to piss off your neighbors and it totally removes the pesky human exercise aspect of walking your dog.

A few alterations including a squirrel bungeed to an RC car and some reverse engineering gobbeldygook and you have a generator to power the mini-fridge you need to hold the beer for sitting outside and watching the people gawking at your dogs.

11 Responses to “WTF Wednesday”

1. Kim June 5, 2014 at 1:09 am #

And if the motorized dog walker is anything like the hot walker used for horses, it only takes one to stop and ‘dig in’ for it to grind to a halt and blow the motor.

2. BioEngr June 5, 2014 at 1:15 am #

Guess they didn’t bother to buy a harness for the fourth dog even though they specifically say not to use a “neck collar”.

• kkoira June 5, 2014 at 2:46 am #

Exactly what I thought while watching that.

3. Nicole June 5, 2014 at 1:17 am #

Check out the cat mill, guys: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXvM_oOPz5M

• kkoira June 5, 2014 at 2:47 am #

Also referred to as a jenny. And seriously, my dog would love one of those things.

4. Caryl Ricca June 5, 2014 at 2:25 am #

If you want this invention, you don’t deserve a dog. Get a pet rock.

• Wendy June 5, 2014 at 3:16 am #

Totally agree Caryl. There are some sick people out there – thinking up new forms of torture for dogs because they’re too lazy to exercise them? How stressful for those dogs – nothing natural about it.

5. SheJackal June 5, 2014 at 2:47 am #

As the proud over of a (homemade) carpet mill 😄 I’d imagine these would have their place. I use the carpet mill in 5 minute-tops runs for muscle building on on days when it’s to warm to work my ACD (he runs hot)

I’m confused why it has a motor though…I’ve only seen the sled dog versions which are dog propelled…

6. Connie Kaplan June 5, 2014 at 5:09 am #

I have not laughed this hard in I don’t know how long…How did they pick beagles? Why not a sight hound so they could chase each other…hilarious!!!

7. 25castleson25clouds June 5, 2014 at 12:58 pm #

I know I shouldn’t laugh…. I am pleased there is only one speed as otherwise it would be crazy!!

8. Megan Griffin June 5, 2014 at 5:24 pm #

What about a cat mill? hahaha