WTF Wednesday: Woah edition

30 Jan

So this week’s WTF Wednesday is a little different.  Instead of bringing you some ludicrous dog-related product, BusyBee has decided to tell you a little story.

hAB729A2B

Thank goodness we’re here.

So about two weeks ago I got a random message from Potnoodle asking me if I knew that Mr. T had been in the September issue of Dog Fancy.  After I assured that no, that wasn’t possible, she told me how she had been sitting in a vet office waiting room flipping through the backlogs of magazines.  While perusing the September issue, she nearly fell over when she spotted Mr. T’s giant head staring back at her on the page, at which point she stole (borrowed?) the page and messaged me.

How does one’s dog end up in a magazine without you knowing, you ask?  Well, a friend who works for the city submitted an application for their “Dogtown USA” contest over a year ago and as part of the application she asked a bunch of us for photos of our dog out and about.  Having never heard anything from the magazine, we assumed we hadn’t been chosen and totally forgot about it.  That is, until, Potnoodle randomly stumbled upon Mr. T’s picture in a crumpled waiting room magazine.  I literally would never have known that our town had been named a runner-up and that Mr. T was featured had Potnoodle been bored in a vet waiting room that happened to have an old copy of the magazine.  Woah.

So, for your viewing pleasure, here is Mr. T’s magazine debut.  I just hope it doesn’t go to his head…

unnamed

11 Responses to “WTF Wednesday: Woah edition”

1. Theresa January 30, 2014 at 1:41 am #

Aww, Big ‘ol Happy Head! Way to represent Teddeh!

2. Playing With The Big Dogs January 30, 2014 at 2:59 am #

The only downside is the picture doesn’t allow us to read about him. Was he on a boat in this picture?

• TheDogSnobs January 30, 2014 at 3:06 am #

I’m going to scan in a better copy tomorrow, but yes, he was on a boat on Lake Union in Seattle on an “doggy ice cream cruise” where people and the dogs who own them can go take a ride, learn more about some of the sights (Sleepless in Seattle houseboats, etc), and enjoy human and dog-friendly ice cream.

3. bgszap2 January 30, 2014 at 4:41 am #

Congratulations to a very handsome Mr. T.

4. 25castleson25clouds January 30, 2014 at 8:50 pm #

It’s started, he’ll be having his own blog next :0)

• TheDogSnobs January 30, 2014 at 9:23 pm #

Ha. He does have his own Facebook and Twitter account actually….sigh. I’m officially *that* person. But while I’m copping to it, check him out at Big Head Ted 🙂

5. twospots February 2, 2014 at 12:56 am #

I was at my local Pet Value store talking to the clerk about the sturdiness of a chew toy for my dogs and he asked me what kind / size dogs I had and I was telling him I had a whippet and a dalmatian and he pointed to a flyer for a local pet event that had a dal on it and I turned to look at it and was like that is my dog, and he is like, yes a dalmatian. I was no that is my dog. He was like how do you know that? Because most people think that they all look alike:) I was at the event the previous year and they had used photos they took of the dogs that attended in the flyer for this years event…it was very cool.

6. Robin February 12, 2014 at 11:47 am #

Mr. T is a handsome guy!!

7. tide-eyed February 19, 2014 at 10:24 am #