An Airing of Grievances: The Dog Snobs Festivus Tradition Begins

27 Dec

Here at The Dog Snobs we’ve had a busy holiday season. Between parties, family, and staying home to watch four of six seasons of “The Big Bang Theory”, we’ve been meaning to do our holiday postings and have, well… not. In the spirit of missing Christmas and Hanukkah, we’ve decided to belatedly celebrate the lesser known, but considerably more entertaining, Festivus. We won’t even make you sit through trying to thank Aunt Gladys for those awkwardly large underpants.

Grievance #1:

People who lack a sense of humor, we know who you are.  You probably don’t know who you are, however.  Let us help you.  We don’t take ourselves too seriously here, so if you do, there is always the “unlike” button.

Here’s a hint… it’s filed under ‘F’

Grievance #2:

People who insist on having their poorly trained dogs off-leash in public places.  You can suck it.

My Bad

Grievance #3:

Internet Arguments. We super don’t care. Go train your dogs.

We have a dog toy for that.

Grievance #4:

The fruit to yogurt ratio in Greek Yogurt. If we wanted a big clump of plain yogurt in the corner, we’d have bought plain yogurt in the first place. We need more fruit!

Grievance #5:

Ok, so this is more like a list.  And we’ve already posted it, but really, it fits the bill.  And will never not be true.  Here are a whole bunch of other things that piss us off.

Minions, what grievances would you like to air?  We want to hear them, so share below!

13 Responses to “An Airing of Grievances: The Dog Snobs Festivus Tradition Begins”

1. thecheesewhisperer December 27, 2013 at 11:54 pm #

I didnt mean to hurt your feelings but pretty chuffed I made number 1 xx

2. Ann December 28, 2013 at 1:17 am #

First, let me say I feel so privileged to be one of your minions. Really.
    The thing that super pisses me off is when people are astonished my “rescue” dog is well trained and obedient. (Well, unless there are rabbits, cats, and small dogs involved). I adopted a dog in need of a forever home. She was a retired racing Greyhound, and a DOG!!! Okay, a dog! Thus, she was trainable. And no, she wasn’t traumatized for life, nor was she subjected to abuse on the farm or track, although it does happen. The Rescue group folks were always astonished when she obeyed commands instantly. She responded to hand and verbal commands (the people who are blown away by dogs who know hand commands are a whole subject themselves. Love, attention, training, and more beds than one would believe was all she needed to be a happy, well adjusted dog.

• Staci December 28, 2013 at 5:14 am #

But don’t you know that all rescue dogs are fragile little flowers and any behavioral problems they have are totally excusable due to their traumatic past?

• Ann December 29, 2013 at 12:58 am #

Staci, so very true. People use it as an excuse for everything! I always feel sorry for the poor dogs who have been encouraged to be afraid, etc. When we got our girl, I had to get down in play bow and toss a toy around before she got the concept, but I did it despite the mocking I got from my husband and daughter. (And those videos better NEVER show up on YouTube!)

3. Lisa December 28, 2013 at 2:47 am #

Can I just say I LOVE that you all love Big Bang Theory!!! Number 569 why I love you guys!!!! My very first litter of French Bulldogs (after being in the breed 7 years and a veterinarian for 18) had all Big Bang names.
    Storytime Bazinga- that’s Zinga and the one I kept
    Storytime Humunculs- that’s Leonard
    Storytime I’m Not Crazy- that’s Sheldon
    Storytime Knock Knock Knock Penny- that’s Penny
    Just had to share- no grievances cause reading your stuff always makes me happy. You guys are the BEST!!!

4. tarynft December 28, 2013 at 2:03 pm #

My only grievance is that your blog is so much better than mine! LOL! Keep up the great job!

Happy New Year!
    Taryn

5. Jean December 28, 2013 at 4:38 pm #

People who ask one’s opinion in what kind of dog to get, food to try or what they should do about a behavior then proceed to ignore everything that you told them. I revert the question back to them now. I won’t play.
    Oh and BBT names? My friend named her recent pup – Hullabaloo’s I got a Tiara. Amy

• Lisa December 28, 2013 at 7:13 pm #

I LOVE IT!!!!!

6. Katie December 31, 2013 at 12:30 am #

A Standard Poodle exists with the registered name “You Only Live Once” and the call name? “Yolo”.

• Katie December 31, 2013 at 3:34 am #

I should clarify- I have one myself, so it’s doubly offensive.

• Wendy January 15, 2014 at 4:07 pm #

You’ named you dog Yolo? Shame on you 😉

7. All Things Collie January 7, 2014 at 5:04 pm #

Our collies would like to add –
    “People who bring children to dog parks, and allow them to run around yelling!”

8. 25castleson25clouds January 10, 2014 at 1:52 pm #

Can I add men to the list? Please I have had a crappy few months and it would make me feel SO much better!!