WTF Wednesday

24 Oct

“You know what my dog needs?  A wig for every occasion!”….said no one ever.

And yet...this exists.

And yet…this exists.

And this....

And this….

Lady Gaga?  Check.

Shirley Temple?  Check.

Sarah Palin? Check.

Need something custom?  That can be arranged too.

We’re going to go ahead and assume that most of their business centers around Halloween, because, well, it pains us to think that people would regularly parade their dogs around in wigs.   That being said, we know a few dogs who could totally rock the “Joe the Bartender” look.

*So, what do you think?  Cute costume idea or over the top?  Would you buy a wig for your dog?  Would your dog murder you in your sleep if you did?  Share below!*

8 Responses to “WTF Wednesday”

1. Nevaeh October 24, 2013 at 3:38 am #

Haha, our two danes would probably paw them off their head in two seconds flat. They actually do have an afro wig, something from a costume for our old, good tempered dobie mix. We put it on them just for a stupid photo. They tolerate it, but are quite pleased when you take it off. The cat, well the cat is a different story. She will walk around in her pumpkin costume for ages until you take it off. So no, I don’t think a wig is something I would go out and buy for my dogs if we didn’t already have one, although I have to admit, it is pretty funny to see a 165 pound dane, sitting there with his tongue hanging out, and an afro wig atop his head. C:

2. Janet Westendorf October 24, 2013 at 11:47 am #

I think dressing up dogs (unless they are little yappers) is like dog abuse. Just my opinion, and both of my pibbles agree with me.

3. bgszap2 October 24, 2013 at 12:33 pm #

I bought a wig for my dog he’s eat it.

4. Vicki Smith October 24, 2013 at 1:12 pm #

For Halloween, maybe. I have a couple of otherwise perfectly Dog-Snob-worthy friends who lose their minds at Halloween and decorate the house, the dog, and themselves with Halloween-themed stuff. My Doberman and I will be dragged into some costume event later this week. I just pray it doesn’t include wigs for anyone! Hee, hee.

5. Yankee Shelties October 24, 2013 at 2:35 pm #

Cross dressing for dogs? Nahh, my shelties have enough hair without the extra polyester on their heads. They probably would love to play tug of war with it, though.

6. Yankee Shelties October 24, 2013 at 2:38 pm #

Cross dressing for dogs? Hmmm, nope, I think my dogs have enough hair without the extra polyester on their heads. However, they probably would love to play a little tug of war with it.

7. obeltane October 24, 2013 at 5:45 pm #

Any wigs (or jewelry) in this house go to momma.

8. Mellafabulous October 30, 2013 at 2:47 am #

I confess. Someone posted the link on Facebook, and I bought one. But they sent the Bieber instead of the Britney, and I’m sad.