WTF Wednesday

18 Sep

Ready to get back to your regularly scheduled programing? That’s right, it’s time for WTF Wednesday.

This week we want to talk about cosmetic procedures for dogs. No, not ear cropping and tail docking. We’re talking about tattoos. Yeah yeah, we know. Breeders tattoo dogs all the time but we aren’t talking about that.

Even worse because it’s Hello Kitty

Yeah, people get their dog tattooed (or do it themselves?) Brings a whole new meaning to Tramp Stamp, no?

I want a heart with ‘Bitch’ written on it. To honor my mom, you know?

We aren’t entirely sure it’s legal, but it does seem to happen.  Would you tattoo your dog for fun? Yeah… we wouldn’t either.

Well… now we’re just uncomfortable.

13 Responses to “WTF Wednesday”

1. jescargill September 18, 2013 at 9:45 pm #

I’m too feeble and blind to even see what the Daschund’s tattoo is of.

2. Bailey September 18, 2013 at 9:57 pm #

I once met a Chinese Crested with a butterfly tattoo (real, not fake) on her butt and a hoop earring. The other ear had previously been pierced, but the dog kept taking it out so the owner admitted defeat and left it out. WTF?!

3. Debby Bell September 18, 2013 at 9:58 pm #

that owner of the bull terrier needs tarred,feathered, bull whipped, and then charged with animal abuse

• TheDogSnobs September 18, 2013 at 10:06 pm #

We’re pretty sure that’s photoshopped.

• Shearaha September 19, 2013 at 1:32 am #

The bull terrier is definitely photo shopped. You can tell looking at the ear rings.

4. kkoira September 18, 2013 at 10:17 pm #

I’m guessing it is legal, since I doubt laws specify what is acceptable as an identity tattoo on your dog. If you can tattoo a brand or a series of numbers/letters, wouldn’t a Hello Kitty tattoo be just as effective at proving that you own the dog? Who else would have a receipt for a Hello Kitty dog tattoo.

Of course, just because it is legal doesn’t mean it is in good taste.

5. Kate Bernstein September 18, 2013 at 10:18 pm #

Honestly I am too busy and broke doing agility with a couple dogs to even have time to consider doing this. WTF

• Theresa September 19, 2013 at 12:20 am #

They tattoo babies, don’t they? (by “they”, I mean crazy tattoo artists who are also parents . . ..) Gus and Polly tell me besides being selfish, cruel and just completely wrong (dogs are already natural born objets d’arte) that’s a criminal waste of biscuit money . . . . .

6. Dani September 19, 2013 at 12:03 pm #

Why would you tattoo your dog!!!! There are far to many crazy dog owners, surely it could be classed as abuse?

7. Chelynnah September 20, 2013 at 1:35 am #

OMGosh that first photo (if real) falls into the category of abuse for me. Torn about the tattoos but thinking borderline.

Funky dress up clothes for a few pics, and fancy collars I can get into. I can even accept bizarre cuts, clips and colours. None if those hurt the dog. Piercing and tattoos (aside from I’d tattoos) nuh-uh!! That first dog is going to rip his ears and nose open just by being a dog with those things on/in him 😦

• Chelynnah September 20, 2013 at 1:39 am #

That should have read ‘except ID tattoos’ but iPhone changed it.

And since I’m typing again – I love my dogs, I would die for my dogs, but they are still DOGS people. Not babies in fur suits, not fashion accessories – DOGS.

Now off to cuddle with my pack lol

8. Karja September 20, 2013 at 5:07 pm #

Well, those are just excessive. And tacky. However, on the upside, it’d make tracking the dog down easier if it was lost or stolen. Probably make the dog less likely to be stolen. Unless if someone stole it because they felt they were saving it from being tattooed.
    I do actually recall a story of a dog being found years later because after the typical I.D. it had a little flower symbol, but that’s different than…whatever this is.

9. SheJackal September 21, 2013 at 6:36 pm #

Both of my dogs will be receiving tattoos that aren’t numbers….one is getting a little skull with wings, the other a pair of dice….they’ll be about an inch in size on the inside of the thigh

the reason? In an area where dogs are stolen often, the ability to flip my dog over and without any question identify him as mine.