WTF… Sex Toy… We don’t even know.

17 Aug

Here on The Dog Snobs, we try to have two fairly regular columns–WTF Wednesday and Sex Toy Saturday. Today, we present you an item that combines the two.

It’s here. It scares us.

Silly Dog Snobs, you say, “That is clearly just a clatter stick for protection or ring work”.   To that we encourage you to read a little more closely . Read the description. Now look at the products suggested below it. Concerned yet? We are.

Apparently the sound is supposed to scare your dog and interrupt the behavior. OK, that makes sense…maybe? What happened to a can of pennies if you want to go that training route? Is the BDSM element really necessary?  We think not.

Granted we have seen some worrying leather dog equipment before, but we’re pretty sure this one takes the cake.   The creepy, creepy cake.

There are like five dog toys on this thing.

17 Responses to “WTF… Sex Toy… We don’t even know.”

1. casdog1 August 18, 2013 at 12:04 am #

“Humane dog whip”? As in “humane thing you’re supposed to hit your dog with?” Really?

Also, I love the brand name for some of the items listed below it. Elegant Moments: Because nothing says “elegant” like a cheap vinyl teddy with open cups.

2. kimmcamp August 18, 2013 at 12:06 am #

Those ain’t your Moma’s ‘dog’ toys! ;-p

• Rob McMillin August 18, 2013 at 12:13 am #

Er, maybe it is?

3. Julia August 18, 2013 at 12:22 am #

Oh Dear Lord. It IS a cake. But would you take a bite? I mean eat it? I mean lick it off your fingers? I mean…oh never mind.

4. Whatsawhat August 18, 2013 at 12:23 am #

I’m confused. Those aren’t dog toys.

5. Ipleadthefifth August 18, 2013 at 12:51 am #

I like that the 12″ spanking paddle is identical to the clay paddle tool…and cost 60% more. I see a great future in repurposing pottery tools! lol

• Linda August 18, 2013 at 1:01 am #

At least it’s less expensive as an art tool. I’ve seen the same items sold as fishing lure holders, nail and screw organizers, and art tool caddies and they’re significantly more expensive for artists, because we all know how rich you can get making art.

6. Kristine August 18, 2013 at 1:05 am #

I am disturbed by both and I don’t easily disturb! “Humane dog whip”? Really? How is that a real thing in the world? How does someone purchase that thinking it really is okay and for the good of one’s dog?

And that cake better taste dang good, is all I am saying.

7. Meghan Lodge August 18, 2013 at 1:07 am #

I saw a suggestion for an agitation whip and died laughing…

8. leestrates August 18, 2013 at 3:33 am #

Fifty shades of Fido. 😀

9. Vicki Smith August 18, 2013 at 11:47 am #

Damn, and I thought the cupcake was the ultimate find. You have outdone yourselves!

10. Mountain Poodle August 18, 2013 at 2:47 pm #

I’m just fixated on the cake. On what occasion is this served?

11. J August 18, 2013 at 7:45 pm #

EEEEK! I don’t believe you!

12. rontuaru August 20, 2013 at 12:53 pm #

I wish I could have been a fly on the wall when the customer told the baker how to decorate the cake. Did they bring samples? Pictures? How did the chief keep a straight face? The baker should get a few votes for creativity. Wonder if they’ll enter it in any cake decorating contests?

• Christine Vezina August 20, 2013 at 11:57 pm #

I bet it would show up on Cake Wrecks, if someone were so inclined to submit it. If it hasn’t already.

• Jennifer August 22, 2013 at 5:15 am #

I dunno. I mean, it’s a pretty elegantly done cake (despite the subject matter), and CW generally only showcases. . . Well, wrecks.

I guess she could do it on a Sunday Sweets, but. . . Ah. . . NSFWoK, anyone?

I’m wondering what cake decorator was ballsy enough (excusing the pun) to actually decorate a cake like that.