The Dog Snobs 100th Post

15 Aug

Holy crap.   It’s our 100th post.  How did that happen?! Who knew we had this kind of dedication?

Since our blog debuted on February 28th, we’ve laughed, we’ve cried (well maybe not),  we’ve snarked, and in the middle of it all somehow managed to rack up a pretty cool league of minions!  In honor of our 100th post, we wanted to reflect on what we’ve learned so far.

1)  We’re pretty good at pissing people off.

While we knew we might raise some hackles, we can’t say we ever thought that people would get so riled up.   We’ve been called names, we’ve had people curse our unborn children, and we’ve even had hate email sent to us.  Now, if you think this made us sad…you don’t know us very well.  We took it as a sign that we had finally “made it” in the blogosphere.  You can’t piss people off if no one is reading you.

Not the worst thing we’ve been called.

2)  Some people aren’t good at recognizing themselves…or laughing at themselves.

Why do some people hate us so much?  Probably because they take themselves WAY too seriously.  We’ve never claimed to be anything but a snark-filled blog and we certainly don’t take ourselves seriously.  While a majority of readers get what we are about and join right in on the fun, some people will clearly just never get it.

3)  Having a “Sex Toy or Dog Toy” column results in a lot of really awkward spam mail.

But not as awkward as our posts. Who can forget the egg, the safestix, or the infamous cupcake?  We sure can’t and we have a feeling you’re can’t either.  Just be thankful that we don’t share our spam mail with you.  You’re welcome.

New column idea: Fruit or Sex Organ

4)  One should always clear browsers after searching for sex toy/dog toy items.

Or at least make a deal with your friends to do so for you should you suddenly become incapacitated.  The things that show up in our search history are possibly arrestable offenses in 21 states

5)  We love our minions.

When we started this blog, we said we didn’t care if anyone else thought we were funny other than us.   Much to our surprise, our readership took off pretty quickly and we’ve garnered a great group of followers. We are so glad that other dog owners enjoy the snarkier look at the dog world, and we’ve enjoyed reading your comments.  You all post some funny shit.

6) Our brand of humor is not fit for everyone.

We think we’re hilarious, most of you think we are hilarious (right?), but not everyone gets it. If only we could control how people choose to present us because as far as we know, a sarcasm font hasn’t yet been invented.  Perhaps we should put a definition of satire at the beginning of every post.

Or we could google it for them.

7) Nothing brings Dog People together like humor…

Mocking other dog people. If you’ve ever been ringside at a dog event, you know we’re a bitchy bunch, even to our friends. Is it any surprise that a blog mocking a wide range of dog people is a hit? We are like the mean girls of the dog world.

It’s true… and you will too if you want us to like you.

Have you learned anything from us?  Love us? Hate us? Share below!

24 Responses to “The Dog Snobs 100th Post”

1. leestrates August 15, 2013 at 12:52 am #

Thanks for the smiles and laughter, dog snobs! Snob on!

2. Jennifer Vaughn Hartman August 15, 2013 at 12:55 am #

Hope to read a 100 more 😀 this page cracks me up!

3. bgszap2 August 15, 2013 at 1:00 am #

Oh come on. Dog people are perfectly nnnnnnnnnnornoornormmal…..

4. Cathy August 15, 2013 at 1:13 am #

congrats on your 100th post! Look forward to many more!

5. wren ingram August 15, 2013 at 1:23 am #

just found this blog and love it 🙂 I’m a way crazy dog rescue bitch -ahem- person and find that people so get in the way of a good dog.

• janet westendorf August 19, 2013 at 1:25 pm #

This is such a true statement!!! Not the bitch part, but people get in the way of a good dog.

6. Cyn August 15, 2013 at 1:38 am #

I want to know what kind of sex fruit that is.

7. Crazy Spotted Dog Lady August 15, 2013 at 1:59 am #

One of the reasons I LOVE this so much is because you say the things I’m too chicken to say!

8. K9 Sports Konnection August 15, 2013 at 2:02 am #

LOVE IT!!!!

9. Rosemary Hoffman August 15, 2013 at 2:06 am #

I’m still looking for a Busy Bee toy. (I assume everyone here has seen “Best in Show” at least 25 times.)

• Kristina Whetzel August 16, 2013 at 1:43 pm #

Seriously! If someone could a exact replica and then sell them at dog show, they’s make a small fortune….hmm, that gives me an idea!

10. kittyherder August 15, 2013 at 2:40 am #

We really do need a sarcasm emoticon or symbol or font or something. Otherwise the truly clueless won’t know the difference.

• Denise August 15, 2013 at 12:01 pm #

haha the idea is great, sadly people still wouldn’t get it even if the emoticon/symbol/font existed. But then we could just mock them even more.

11. Moth August 15, 2013 at 2:44 am #

Good times 🙂

Keep it up!

12. Vicki Smith August 15, 2013 at 8:44 am #

The whole cupcake thing… I dunno. Hee, hee. Wish I’d found the blog about 80-some posts ago!

13. Dawny-D August 15, 2013 at 11:36 am #

I would totally wear a “Dog Snob Minion” tshirt! I look forward to your posts. They all crack me up. My Mom is a dog traner and there have been several that I’ve read to her ovrhe phone. The sex toy or dog toy I always show to my husband. The cupcake was just something else. Ack! Here’s to 100 more posts and then some! Snark on!

• Dawny-D August 15, 2013 at 11:37 am #

That should say *over the phone* not ovrhe phone

14. tarynft August 15, 2013 at 3:17 pm #

I’m definitely on the “LOVE IT!” side of the fence. Please, please, please keep up the great work!

15. Kara August 16, 2013 at 12:09 am #

What have I learned? I’ve learned people who take themselves too seriously stick out like sore thumbs–sore, unfunny, self-righteous thumbs–around the people who don’t.

16. Jennifer August 16, 2013 at 4:11 am #

I’ve learned a great deal about what to do, what not to do, and what I don’t give two ass-hats about if I do do it wrong and get mocked for it.

I’m just mildly afraid (read as: trembling with anticipation) to see if this blog gains enough notoriety (read as: fame) so that dog people start doing stupid things so as TO get mocked here. I’m actually mildly surprised I have not yet gotten mocked here directly.

17. janet westendorf August 19, 2013 at 11:21 am #

I LOVE, LOVE you. Have told most of my friends who I believe have a sense of humor about the blog also. In my short time as a dog owner, I’ve found that too many supposed authorities on dog behavior tend to take themselves waaaaaay to seriously, making me want to slap the shit out of them. What happened to common sense!!!

18. paigecope August 30, 2013 at 5:25 am #

Hahaha where have y’all been all my life?!! Just stumbled upon your website while looking for a new agility shirt for our upcoming show! I literally laughed outloud at the agility people post. I currently have a “the best Q is a res-Q” shirt in my shopping cart! And yes, I’m going to wear it proudly!! Love the posts, keep em coming!!