OMG WTF GTFO Wednesday: Once again the idiots confound us

26 Jun

So it recently came to our attention that several dog hating and pitbull hating blogs and websites have been sharing us.   To them, we say “WTF?”.

I don’t think that word means what you think it means.

To be clear, we LOVE dogs here at The Dog Snobs.  Obviously.  We wouldn’t let our lives be controlled by them if we didn’t.  If you haven’t gathered that by now, you’ve got some issues that require a tutor and a few third graders to resolve. While we may poke fun at certain breeds (this is a satire site after all), we are 100% pro-dog.  The dog haters sharing us obviously missed that one of the Dog Snobs owns a pitbull mix.  And by own, we mean, advocates for/loves/cherishes/obsesses about her pit mix. The other two snobs both know and love many a Bully and non-bull who get grouped into BSL.

Wait, where are the Rottmeweiners! Their jaws lock!…
A dog being big doesn’t make it a pitbull.  Edumacate yourself.

To know that some of what we have written (in case you are wondering, our post on “In Over Their Head Ignoramus” has been used by these people to describe anyone who owns a bullly breed)  has been bastardized by groups with the sole purpose of maligning pitbulls and their owners is sickening.

It gives us a headache too.

Knowing that dog haters in general are reading our blog is also bothersome.  Really, you have nothing better to do than troll dog-related websites? Don’t you have a cousin you could be impregnating in the woodshed?

Obviously we don’t have control over what other people do with our words, but that doesn’t mean we have to like it. You’re entitled to your ridiculous opinion. It also means that we can tell all the dog haters out there who read our blog to fuck off.  For real.  If you don’t like dogs, GTFO.

We even opened it for you. Watch your heels on the way out.

For those of you who want to do something cool, and you know, not be a twat-monkey, consider donating your time (or money, or supplies)  to a bully or non-bully in need in your local shelter. BSL and pittie-hate is anti-dog. Be pro-dog and proactive in supporting all dogs in responsible and conscientious hands. And the next person who calls a Rottie or a Golden Retriever a pitbull gets kicked in the balls. Consider that a PSA. You’ve been warned.

"I pity the fool who could hate my under-bite and roguish charm"- Mr. T, Busybee's Pittie mix.

“I pity the fool who could hate my under-bite and roguish charm”- Mr. T
Busybee’s Pittie mix.

22 Responses to “OMG WTF GTFO Wednesday: Once again the idiots confound us”

1. Janice June 26, 2013 at 5:56 pm #

Is that a cattle dog X pit bull? Awesome!

• TheDogSnobs June 26, 2013 at 5:58 pm #

BusyBee (the proud mama) here! Yep, best guess (DNA test also supported this) is an ACD x pit mix. That’s my handsome boy 🙂

• Janice June 26, 2013 at 7:49 pm #

He is a beauty.

2. Dayna Dawn Small (AKA Dayna Barter) June 26, 2013 at 5:58 pm #

I love you guys. That is all. 🙂

3. Debby Bell June 26, 2013 at 7:12 pm #

I thought Mr T was a doxie mix? you mean a PITBULL peed in my yard?? and swam with my fishes???? oh the horror!!!!

4. Nicole June 26, 2013 at 7:12 pm #

This is just awesome. Literally LOL here. Thanks for keeping it REAL. ❤ this page.

5. Julia June 26, 2013 at 7:22 pm #

In the woodshed? SPIT TAKE! I love you.

6. Angie June 26, 2013 at 7:25 pm #

LOL! I run a bull breed (aka pit bull and anything else with “bull” in the breed name) rescue, and I love you guys!

7. Grace Stoneking June 26, 2013 at 10:56 pm #

MADE.
    MY.
    DAY.
    As the “owner” of a spoiled rotten rescued Pit Bull, I want to Thank you.
    (D’Artagnon wants to thank you too, by adding some drool to the keyboard as I type!)

8. RebeccaW June 26, 2013 at 11:48 pm #

As above we love you guys!!! dont stop. there are so many people who just go around and troll everything. you see is a lot in the LGBT forums too. just ignore the haters because they are not worth your time (well other then to write about in WTF Wednesdays 😉 ) and Mr. T is a handsome devil!!!

9. Theresa June 27, 2013 at 5:31 am #

Mr. T. has a bit of the Australian Cattle Dog? Maybe that accounts for his fondness for being upside down a lot? 😉

10. Maria Fornataro June 27, 2013 at 8:09 pm #

Once again, you guys at The Dog Snobs are absolutely bang-on! I greatly enjoy reading your posts and appreciate your straight-forward, no-holds-bar attitude. It is refreshing! Thank you and please continue!

11. Rachel August 24, 2013 at 5:23 am #

As I own a Rottie,normally people do not think they are related,but had one person think they where a bully breed.
    Go to Ebay, you will see Pit bull,Boxer,English Mastiff and Doberman Items Called Rottweilers as well.

They where Butchers dogs,and may have some BullenBeisser/Boxer genetics,but are closer to Bernese Mountain dogs.

12. Kelsie Wimsett February 2, 2014 at 6:31 pm #

Yay!

13. Rebecca Rossi February 2, 2014 at 7:09 pm #

Once I was showing a Dogue de Boudeaux and he and I were walking around the venue. A gentleman (who was most likely the love child from the wood shed affair) asked me, “Is that what a real pit bull looks like?”
    “Yes sir, here’s your kick in the nuts.”

14. Ann February 3, 2014 at 2:18 am #

Everything you said.

15. Zolon February 3, 2014 at 2:42 pm #

It is absolutely disgusting you think all breeds should be loved and treated with respect.. Next you will be telling us humans deserve it as well..
    Oh wait.. :p

16. Spotted Dog Girl February 3, 2014 at 4:21 pm #

I was once denied an apartment because my German Shorthaired Pointer “sounded too much like a German Shepherd, and that’s just too scary.” Dumb assess abound!

Btw, what’s an American Bullie?

• AD November 12, 2015 at 9:14 pm #

Pretty much a mixed breed dog becoming a “purebred”, they are registered through american bully kennel club. The breed is so stupid they needed their own kennel club because no one else will accept them as a real breed. Basically a bunch of bull breeds put together to make a mutant bull breed that can barely walk or breathe.. but not as bad as a english bullldog. The dog snobs should do a breed profile on them!

17. Spotted Dog Girl February 3, 2014 at 4:23 pm #

(Oh, does this article apply to Doodles too? 😉 )

18. Kay February 4, 2014 at 6:53 am #

Have you guys made a post about the whole ‘pit bull is a collection of breeds not a particular breed’ yet? I’m getting really sick of everyone and their mom saying every dog with short fur with a blocky head is a pit bull. The only Pit Bull is the American Pit Bull Terrier, everything else is a mix or different breed.

19. mongrelsnmen July 28, 2015 at 8:14 am #

Reblogged this on mongrelsandmen and commented:
    read it and weep haters!!