WTF Wednesday

13 Jun

What has four legs, a duck bill and a need to avenge itself upon its human captors?

Not This Guy.

It’s this guy.

Do you often find yourself thinking “How can I make my tiny human aggressive dog even MORE appealing to children?” If so, this is the product for you!

Look Mommy! It’s a duck dog! Let’s harass it!

Just… why? A muzzle is a muzzle is a muzzle  (and we prefer the “nasty leather type”, thank you.) Don’t try to make it cute. It’s a thing that keeps dogs from biting people or other dogs. It does not need to make your dog look like a friendly pond animal*.

Also, we’re wondering if the edges of the bill is hard? If so, ouch when the dog snaps. If not… ouch when the dog snaps. Definitely not the most effective thing we’ve seen.

If you desperately need one, they can be purchased here. If you buy it, we’re judging you… but we also want photos.

*BusyBee would like to state that not all pond creatures are nice.  Having been chased by a swan once, she can assure you that they are, in fact,  assholes.

14 Responses to “WTF Wednesday”

1. kkoira June 13, 2013 at 2:27 am #

I have to admit, I half want one of these just for the absurd pictures. Maybe a group of bloggers should all chip in for one so we can pass it around and get pictures of our dogs as ducks. (And for what it is worth, I’ve been attacked by geese at a pond before too, and they can be really super scary.)

2. Cyn McCollum June 13, 2013 at 2:36 am #

I saw these a while back and thought, why not just write “I’m a little shit and my owners think biting is a cute duck thing” across the top.

3. Morgaana June 13, 2013 at 3:03 am #

“Très Mignon” … NOT! Definitely judging anyone who buys this… I so enjoy WTF Wednesdays. ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

4. Jeannine DeWald June 13, 2013 at 5:35 am #

LOL, this is TRUE dog shaming!

5. Sam Tatters June 13, 2013 at 6:54 am #

It’s at times like this I *really* struggle to understand people…I’d much rather have my muzzled dog look “mean”, and keep people away, than have my dog’s muzzle make people want to approach us…

6. RebeccaW June 13, 2013 at 7:00 am #

im surprised people with little dogs willing to buy this even belive they need a muzzle…. so many people i have talked to who’s dog tries to rip me open likes to say “Oh he’s so friendly he would never do that” yeah Sure….

And i completely agree with BusyBee Geese and Nasty P.O.S. too…. not many water fowls are nice….

7. Chrissie June 13, 2013 at 9:11 am #

From another angle…..I rehomed an adult dog who came with a muzzle due to fear aggression. When people saw him with the muzzle they projected a lot of negativity towards him: nasty dog, biting dog, scary dog….. and they would be tense and fearful around him. None of which helped me to convince him that people were nice, friendly and would not harm him! I had to come up with inventive ways to keep the muzzle off him, and only then would people be relaxed around him and allow reinforcing of the message he needed to learn. He luckily made the transition has not needed a muzzle for 5 years now. If people can look at a dog and smile, that is a much better alternative from where I stand 🙂

• Dispatches June 14, 2013 at 10:57 pm #

That’s a point. Fair cop.

8. lisa n. June 13, 2013 at 9:30 am #

Agree with all of the above, smh. By the way, I’ve been chased and bitten by ducks. Not a fan.

9. Dawn Small June 13, 2013 at 12:29 pm #

I’m with kkoira, I kinda want one just for photo ops of the corgwyn in the swimming pool.

• kkoira June 13, 2013 at 4:49 pm #

I bet the one that fits my corgi mix would fit your pack as well…

10. Dispatches June 14, 2013 at 10:55 pm #

>>If we actually bothered to focus our energies on what’s making dog ownership harder (BSL, dog-free parks and trails, inexperienced clueless owners setting themselves up for failure, actual puppy-mills and the idiots who perpetuate them) imagine all the great things that could be accomplished.<<

Well, my blog is new and it's a rough-drafty mess and I haven't posted in over a month, but if you care about the above I'd like to hear from you. http://www.thedov.net

11. Shearaha June 29, 2013 at 12:58 am #

Saw this same muzzle on “Wilfred” last night. I think I’ll stick with my bright basket muzzle. Doesn’t keep all the idiots away, but it doesn’t bring any in either.

12. Nadja July 29, 2014 at 11:50 pm #

Whoa! Geese are mean. They kill small children. Given my childhood experience with geese, if I saw a muzzle like that I’d’ve run screaming in the opposite direction at first sight.

Probably wouldn’t work that way with city kids, though.