WTF Wednesday

29 May

Once again, the dog industry has made another contraption that actually adds steps to cleaning up dog poop.   Seriously people, if you don’t want to clean up poop, don’t get a dog.  This is quickly becoming our WTF Wednesday mantra. Seriously guys, even Barbie is doing it.

We present to you… the poop vacuum. That’s right… a vacuum for fecal matter. So, instead of a simple bag that you can toss in the trash you now have a device that has to be scrubbed (we assume? surely you don’t just leave it filthy?) We’d go on… but the website really covers any further mocking we could do. Go ahead, go look.

Want to see it in action?  Check out this hard-hitting news segment here

Also, check out minion Sara snobbing away at the 1:13 mark.  And her hand is less expensive?  That’s what she said….

16 Responses to “WTF Wednesday”

1. sarahjaneb May 29, 2014 at 1:58 am #

Yeah, I totally need another thing to carry when I walk my dog. As a general rule, if I can’t clip it to the leash with a carabiner and it doesn’t fit in a bait bag, and it’s not an actual dog, it doesn’t go with me for dog walks.

2. kjsweep May 29, 2014 at 1:58 am #

So…you’re supposed to carry that with you on a walk?

3. kris May 29, 2014 at 2:10 am #

my favorite part was the dog biting the guy! really. if that were my dog we would be having a talk and it would not include ‘what a good dog’.. jeez..

4. Phebe'sMom May 29, 2014 at 2:10 am #

I doubt that anyone who would buy this actually walks their dog.

• TheTooner June 1, 2014 at 3:44 am #

You are correct. It will be purchased by people who don’t have dogs as a gift for people who do have them, and the dog owners will politely pretend to be grateful and then try to get rid of it in a garage sale.

5. maxwellthedog May 29, 2014 at 2:21 am #

Looks to me like Barbie recycles the poop back into the dog bowl – a closed system – very efficient, Barbie!

6. Rachel Albanese May 29, 2014 at 2:26 am #

Um screw that useless product, where is that HUGE and insanely awesome expansive dog run?!?! Clearly, no where near NYC….I need to move.

7. Kate May 29, 2014 at 4:33 am #

“Handle Beeper for Dog Trainers”
    because any self-respecting dog trainer would be seen with one.

I thought the best bit was the guy getting bitten too…. even the dog knows its a stupid contraption…wait concraption…. :p

8. Vicki Smith May 29, 2014 at 12:14 pm #

Yeah, like my Doberman shits little fondant covered petit-fours with cute little icing bows. Somehow, I suspect the only poop that thing picks up are the goodies left by a teacup breed. And then there’s the environmentally friendly part. Is it REALLY okay to drop feces straight into someone’s dumpster?

I’m with the folks who asked why anyone would carry that ‘concraption’ around. Though I did have one wicked thought…. How fast does the thing expel poop? Does it shoot it out like a super squirter or what? Cuz I could think of a few really fun uses for something like that!

9. Kitten May 29, 2014 at 2:47 pm #

I’m with Vicki… the REVERSE function could make that an interesting addition to a prankster’s arsenal. Why leave a yucky flaming bag when you can simply LOAD, AIM, and REVERSE your AuggieDog-TM.

Lovin’ that idea…seeing as I have such craptastic neighbors and have long fantasized about launching a few spuds at their pool..

10. Kitten May 29, 2014 at 2:49 pm #

11. tarynft May 29, 2014 at 3:06 pm #

That one’s pretty much left me speechless!

12. Elaine Berg May 29, 2014 at 9:57 pm #

Frankly I zeroed in on her shoes! Who walks a dog in 3 inch platform shoes? I, too, have Dobermans and can picture me trying to stride down the boulevard in my capri pants and 3 inch heels for about 2 steps before breaking an ankle. Of course my handy poop vacuum item will now double as a crutch as a hobble to the nearest ER.

13. Darcy May 30, 2014 at 12:26 am #

Yup, well in my neighborhood those dog owners who can’t be bothered picking up after their own dog can use “Doody Master”, a service that comes to your house and cleans up your dog’s poop in your own yard. Motto? “We do poo, so you don’t have to” Cant make this stuff up!! Seriously.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks